iPhone Not Ringing ?? Gotcha!! 😉
iPhone Not Ringing ??? We can understand how does it feel when your iPhone does not ring and you miss your important calls and messages. Its quite frustrating but don’t you worry, we have got your back. Are you seeing missed calls but no ringer even if your ringer is on ???
Just follow these 7 simple methods we have discussed below and that will surely solve your problem.
Lets get started !!
Method # 1: Check if Do Not Disturb is on. Turn it off !!
When you feel that your iPhone isn’t ringing, the first thing you should check is the Do Not Disturb Mode. If it is on, it will silence all the notifications, alerts and calls so make sure you turn that off.
To immediately check if its enabled or not, just have a glance at the top right corner of your screen where the battery indicator is located, if the Do Not Disturb Mode is on, you will see a Moon icon next to the battery.
If its on, then you have to disable it by following these steps:
- Slide up or down (according to your iOS version) to bring in the Command Center.
- Look for the Moon icon and tap it to turn it off.
This should resolve your issue. If not, please proceed to the next method.
Method # 2. Check the Ringing Volume and Turn it to Max.
If the problem persists even after turning off the Do Not Disturb Mode, now you have to check if the volume of your iPhone is turned down or muted by the Mute Switch located at left side of you iPhone.
Follow these steps:
- Go to Settings ➜ Sounds, and turn up the ringing volume to high.
- Check if the Silent Switch is engaged, disengage it.
- After increasing your iPhone’s volume to high, try calling from another device on your device to check the ring.
If the problem still persists, please proceed to the next method.
Method # 3. Check iPhone Call Forwarding Settings.
Your iPhone also won’t ring if Call Forwarding is active. Check if you have accidentally activated it and turn it off. To do so, follow these simple steps:
- Go to your iPhone Settings ➜ Phone ➜ Call Forwarding, and turn it off.
- Now ring your iPhone from another device and check.
If this method doesn’t work for you, proceed to the next method.
Method # 4. Check Headphone Jack.
If you use headphones with your iPhone for calls or listening music, there is a chance that when you removed your headphone, the iPhone’s software got confused and did not switched it to normal speaker mode.
To rectify this, again connect the headphones and press firmly until you hear a click sound and then again remove them. This will take your phone out of the headphone mode and your phone’s sound will shift back to the speakers.
If this method didn’t worked for you, proceed to the next method.
Method # 5. Hard Reboot Your Phone.
Some times your phone’s software gets confused and stucked in a certain mode. In this situation, a Hard Reboot helps in most of the times as it clears the RAM and forces all activities to shutdown and give your phone a fresh start.
Hard Reboot process may be different according to your iPhone’s model.
Method # 6. Update Your iPhone to the Latest iOS Version.
Check if your iPhone has a pending update. Updating your iPhone removes any bugs or errors present in the phone’s software and makes your phone work normally.
To check for updates, Go to Settings ➜ General ➜ Software Update, iPhone will check for new updates and if any updates are pending, install them.
After update, your iPhone will be as good as new.
If this doesn’t work for you, proceed to the next method.
Method # 7. Reset Your iPhone to Default Factory Settings.
If you have tried all the methods above and still your iPhone is not working normally, its time for a fresh start. You have to restore your iPhone to the default Factory Setting through iTunes and this will Erase all of your data including apps, games, documents, photos and videos. So make sure to make a backup before performing a Factory Reset.
Make sure that you have the Latest Version of iTunes on your PC or MAC. If not, update it and then proceed to the next step.
- Go to Settings ➜ iCloud to turn off Find My iPhone.
- Now Plug in your iPhone to the computer via USB Cable and iTunes will launch automatically. If not, click on iTunes to launch it.
- Click on the iPhone icon appeared on the top left corner of iTunes screen, this will display all the information of your iPhone. Click on Restore iPhone to start.
- Now iTunes will ask whether you want to make a backup of your device or not. Its better to make a backup because after RESTORE, all of your data will be erased.
- Click on Restore again to confirm. Then iPhone will erase all the data and install the latest iOS version. iPhone will restart once the installation finishes. You can now set it up as new phone.
New iOS installation will remove all the bugs and errors from your iPhone’s software and it will work like a new device.